Welcome to My Blog

Thanks for stopping in. I hope that you find my thoughts to be an interesting addition to your day. If you have any comments, please feel free to share.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Red Leather Diary

I am 5 chapters away from finishing Lily Koppel's biographical piece of a girl in 1930's New York. Shortly after Koppel was employed at a newspaper in New York she came across an apartment building that was unloading tons of old trunks and treasures that had not seen the light of day in almost 80 years. In one of the discarded trunks, she found a diary with a withering leather cover. She became consumed by its contents. She used her resources at the paper to locate the books owner. Success!

I am completely enthralled by this book. The questions that this teenage girl had growing up during the Depression in New York City still ring true today. I can empathize with almost every passage she wrote. I highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for an all emotions adventure.

http://www.redleatherdiary.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment